Saturday, 10 October 2009 05:54
Where do you source funding when you've outgrown the bootstrapping model but are too small for the Big Boys.
Traditionally Australian entrepreneurs have struggled to source capital in the $250k to $2 million range - this is usually beyond the means of most to self fund, but considered too small for Venture Capital to be an effective route to follow. Angel Capital and Private Equity have been largely inaccessible to anyone outside these closed networks.
Over the past few years, much has changed in this area. Come along and hear about these developments.
|Topic: ||"Solving the Funding Gap?|
|Date:||Monday, 2 November 2009|
|Time: ||6:00pm registration, 6:30pm-8:00pm main event, 8:00pm-9:00pm Networking session |
|Venue: ||Lend Lease Room, MGSM North Ryde, 99 Talavera Road, North Ryde Click here for campus map |
|Bookings: ||Please RVSP via our LinkedIn Event or by email to
with your name, no later than 30 October 2009 |
|Cost:||$10 donation at the door (to cover cost of refreshments)|
This event is your chance to learn:
- All about ASSOB (the Australian Small Scale Offering Board) and how this has been developed to addresses this funding gap in Australia;
- How to effectively tap into the sophisticated investor market;
- How to develop a professionally structured investment opportunity to tap into your personal network; and
- What you need to do to be "investor ready" in this market.
Event FormatTo maximise opportunities to not only pick up valuable information but also to make connections with others who share an interest in this topic, the format of the evening will be:
- An interactive presentation by an expert in the field;
- Structured networking activity to examine this theme;
- Next steps - follow up activity for those who would like to continue investigating this topic; and
- Informal networking over drinks to conclude the evening.
Who Should Attend?
Please note: MGSM Networker events are open to all (not just MGSM people) so if you have a colleague who would be interested in this topic, feel free to invite them along. Just make sure they
for the event.
- Current business owners and entrepreneurs looking for new ways to source expansion capital
- Business owners/leaders wanting to understand what is new in this space
- Those wishing to network amongst other entrepreneurially minded business people
Last Updated on Monday, 02 November 2009 11:52