Sunday, 15 November 2009 06:10
Creating social change through sustainable business models
The Social Entrepreneurship methodology has matured a long way over the years. For example, micro finance, has established itself as a highly successful way to generate self sustainability through enterprise in many disadvantaged countries and communities throughout the world. Come and listen to how the School of Social Entrepreneurship has begun to create an impact on the ground.
|Topic: ||Social Entrepreneurship - creating social change through sustainable business models|
|Date:||Monday, 30 November 2009|
|Time: ||6:00pm registration, 6:30pm-8:00pm main event, 8:00pm-9:00pm refreshments |
|Venue: ||Lend Lease Room, MGSM North Ryde, 99 Talavera Road, North Ryde |
|Bookings: ||Please RVSP to
with your name, no later than 27 November 2009|
|Cost:||$10 donation at the door (to cover cost of refreshments)|
Social Entrepreneurship ? creating social change through sustainable business models
As the SE sector matures much of the wisdom of this success is being captured and organised in ways to assist others to leverage this and avoid ?reinventing the wheel? each time. In this Networker event we will highlight one of the key developments in this area, the School of Social Entrepreneurship, and how it has begun to create an impact on the ground here in Australia over the past year.
This event is your chance to:
- Learn about the School of Social Entrepreneurship and how it has created a successful model to educate and develop social entrepreneurs;
- See what social entrepreneurship models have been successful;
- Hear the experiences of a successful social ?intrepreneur?; and
- Be inspired to create or connect with others to get actively involved in a social venture.
To maximise opportunities to not only pick up valuable information but also to make connections with others who share an interest in this topic, the format of the evening will be:
- Structured networking activity to examine the theme
- An interactive presentation by practitioners in the field
- Next steps - follow up options for those who would like to further be involved in social entrepreneurship
- Informal networking over drinks to conclude the evening
Who Should Attend?
- Current and potential social entrepreneurs looking to learn from the experience of others
- Business owners/leaders wanting to find ways to connect into worthwhile social ventures
- Those wishing to network with other entrepreneurially minded people
Please note: MGSM Networker events are open to all (not just MGSM people) so if you have a colleague who would be interested in this topic, feel free to invite them along. Just make sure they
for the event.
** Post Event - Added 3/12/09 **
Pictures from the event
Last Updated on Saturday, 02 January 2010 05:53